1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Feedback

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by nova, May 19, 2020 at 5:24 PM.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. nova

nova Alvin SXS Nation Rookie

Hello SxS enthusiasts. I'm interested in getting into SxS and would like advise on what purchase. I'm leaning more toward a recreational / utility vehicle rather than performance. My use will be primarily trails and roads as opposed to hills and mud. I'm looking for something that is reliable, well built, and bang for the buck. I'm not really interested in spending $20k right off the bat, however I would like something i could accessorize later. There are so many different makes and models on the market now i don't know where to begin or how to compare. Any input you have is appreciated.

2. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

Welcome to the forum nova.
    Lucky for all of us there is a sport/utility category.
    Polaris General, Can Am Commander, Yamaha Wolverine X2 and X4, Kawasaki Teryx are the ones that come to mind.
    Of the four the General is the standout in popularity because of the comfort, power, ride, handling, availability of options, and basically because it is the most advanced and modern with more accessories and its profit cab.
    But the others are good vehicles and might be what you want.
    Some of the utility models also fit well into this category with a little bit more utility and less sport.
    Polaris Ranger 1000XP, Can Am Defender 1000, Honda Pioneer 1000 will all have enough power to maintain good speed on the road and enough comfort for lots of people. The Ranger and Defender both have a profit type roll cage that seals up much better than the round tube type.
    I recommend checking them out at a dealer and driving them if possible.
    There might be others that I missed. Maybe someone else will add to the list.

kscfire likes this.
  3. kscfire

kscfire Paul Event Coordinator

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General Ride Command Edition

I agree with rocksalot, the Polaris General, Can Am Commander, Yamaha Wolverine X2 and X4, Kawasaki Teryx are all good choices. If it's just you, then a 2 seater. If you have a spouse and kids or kids in the future, then a 4 seater. Get some seat time in them, whether it's at a dealership or a friends, to help you also decide. There are good used ones out there to be found, just make sure you have them checked out before you would buy it. Good luck with your choice.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I 100% agree w/ the list provided. I love my General, but definitely go check them all out. You may find that one fits your needs better than the other. They are all really good machines. If you are leaning more toward the sport side, the General is 75% RZR in my book. Its got plenty of power and is a beast on the trails.

rocksalot and kscfire like this.
  5. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

Aw guys you forgot the Mule Pro FXT. Three seats and a full bed, six seats and a haft bed, 3 yr. warranty. 45 mph top speed. Priced will under 20K. Mine is a go anywhere do anything Mule, just not on 50" trails. R M