1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

shifter linkage

Discussion in 'ODES UTV' started by jweese1, Apr 7, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. jweese1

jweese1 Jack SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

I recently purchased a used 2015 Odes 800X Dominator side by side. I was told the shift linkage was out of adjustment is why it wouldn't go in gear quite right. I have set the linkage exactly how the owners manual says to. It goes into low, high and neutral pretty good. It will go into reverse only after messing with for a while and I've never gotten it into park. Can anyone help me???

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

If you unhook the linkage at the trans will it go into each gear ok? If so it sounds like there cable is stretched out or there is something loose in the linkage somewhere.

3. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

There is no cable on this one there is a solid, adjustable rod that runs between the trans and the shifter. By turning the rod, you adjust the distance between the shifter and trans. Thank you for your answer.

Seastacker likes this.
  4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

You may want to check the shifter make sure all the pivit's are tight no missing bushings or broken parts that is not allowing it to move linkage correctly Just a thought!

5. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Does it shift hard into the gears that do work? Makes me wonder if the rod is bent somehow since there is no cable. Also, as Ron suggested, check all pivot points and bushings for slop/ excessive play.

6. Curt

Curt Administrator

Is there more than one hole on the shifter arm? The closer to the arm the shorter the distance to shift. It may make a difference.

7. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

I first posted back in April, I took it to a dealer who told me that the trans. was bad and needed a new one to the tune of $1800. Decided to just ride it until the the trans. went out completely. It is now mid-September and it's going into reverse better and it is even going into park now. Any ideas on what's going on?

8. 5thgenlude0505

5thgenlude0505 Tommy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 dominator 800 4 door

Did you figure it out mine also does this only rocking it back and fourth allows me to get park ...its the same with shifter disconnected just going right off trans

9. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

No, I haven't ridden it for a while but my grandson has. He put it in the garage one night and got it into park. That was the first time I had seen it in park. It does seem to be going into reverse better and now goes into park. No explanation from here and apparently noone else knows either. Good Luck and keep in touch.