1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Smart-lok vs Visco?

Discussion in 'Maverick Nation' started by cptsully, Mar 14, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. cptsully

cptsully Denis SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Can-Am Commander Max 1000

Hello everyone-

I am looking for some actual rider feedback from those who have experience with both the visco-lok and smart-lok technology on their Mavericks. I am looking hard at Maverick Sport XXC 1000, but to get the Smart-Lok, I have to go with a 2020 model. Is the Smart-Lok that much better? Is their a notable difference?

2. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

As far as I know they didn't have a 2019 XXC Sport model. Only the rock version and the mud version.
    But either way, You don't want the Visco Lok. Yes the Smart Lok is that much better.
    A friend of mine has the Visco.
    The XXC is a really nice rig. If I ever go with just one vehicle it will probably be the XXC.

3. cptsully

cptsully Denis SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Can-Am Commander Max 1000

Thanks- you're right in that there was no XXC Model in 2019. I was just referring to your basic Maverick Sport in 2019, which are available relatively cheaply now. But the XXC XRC, and XMR just seem to be a whole different level of awesome that I'd regret not going for it.

4. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2019 CanAm X3 XRC

I have a 19 X3 XRC with Smartlok. It works so well that I rarely need full diff lock.

Seastacker likes this.
  5. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

The extra's you get in the package do make it into a much more capable rig, but the the standard 1000R with some 28" tires and a cheap locker like the Torq Locker would still be a very nice choice.
    But longer travel, better shocks, high clearance A arms, lots more ground clearance, larger tires with bead locks, multi mode locker, brush guard, fender flares .... some of the stuff you might want to add anyway to the base model adds up quickly.
    The seating position and the seat fit me better than any other sxs I have sat in.
    I don't think you would regret getting the XC model over the base.

[​IMG]

Seastacker likes this.