1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Blade

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by mkp777, Oct 3, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. mkp777

mkp777 Mike SXS Nation Rookie

Hi,

I have a 2019 Polaris General 1000 4 seat UTV. Our's came with a winch.

I'm considering a plow blade for it and I'm not sure what all I need to get for that.

I talked to the local Polaris dealer but they have a laundry list of things they say I need.
    I know they are in the business of selling as much as they can and I think they know that I don't know what I am doing.

So I ask the forum here, what all do I need for this operation?
    I understand it is the winch that hoists the blade and lowers it.

The way it looks, the angle of the blade is adjusted manually.

So I guess my questions are, what all do I need to buy.

And what brand is a good value? The dealer wants over a thousand dollars. I've looked on other sites for aftermarket and I see prices around 600. But then again, I don't know what all I need to mount it.
    The dealer says I need an apparatus to mount the blade to.
    Hopefully whatever I buy comes with directions. I live very rural and only have myself to do the installs.

Thanks so much for any advice I can get on this,

M

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Generall speaking, you pick a blade, then what type of push tube, and the type of mount for your machine that the push tube will mount to. Yes, normally the winch is used to move it up and down unless you choose a seperate lift system. I am a toolmaker by trade so when I couldnt find a suitable mount I made my own. The price typically reflects the quality of the parts.

3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I don't have any plow history for the G so not much help but from what I see like said you buy the plow then the frame for said plow and then the mount for what your putting it on. what I can offer is get a plow that is a little wider then your machine or when you angle it will be narrower then the wheels.