1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Snow plow

Discussion in 'Full Size: 570, 900, 2013-2017' started by Yoop, Sep 4, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Yoop

Yoop Bill SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Ranger 900 Crew

The white stuff will be here before we know it in the U.P. Just looking for some good suggestions for a plow for my crew. Preferably a kit I could later add hydraulic angle to.
    Thanks

2. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

I use an all KFI manual turn plow with a Kolpin winch. I don't think KFI has a hydraulic setup. I do see a lot of people mention the Moose plow and they have a hydraulic setup and they say it can connect to any Moose plow except one. I like the Moose accessories and I get them through Dennis Kirk

Yoop likes this.
  3. alloutdoors

alloutdoors Team SXS Nation

I think one of the nicest out there is the Denali Pro Series. I will be curious what people think in terms of length but would think 66".

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    alloutdoors, Piston Honda and Yoop like this.
  5. Curt

Curt Administrator

As Karl said, the Boss is an impressive plow, but lots of money.
    Motoalliance makes some really great products, so if they have a hydro turn is consider it.

6. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

7. Grundo

Grundo Sam SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 900 XP Ranger

Here is my setup...like others have said, Boss is top of the line. You don't loose any ground clearance with the mount and its full hydraulic. Pull 2 pins and back up to unhook. Very easy and the best setup in my opinion. I plowed almost 2 feet of snow at once...no issues. You can also stack snow to the moon and with you living in the UP I'm guessing you will get a lot of snow!If you have the coin then it's a no brainier. I purchased mine from Ball equipment and got a great deal.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    race2win01, Yoop and Seastacker like this.
  8. AnythingUTV

AnythingUTV justin Supporting Vendor

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR XP 1000

Yup, Hydro turn is an option on the Denali plows. :D

9. Robert Barrett

Robert Barrett SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Glass tip out windshield w/factory wiper-washer, Glacier Pro hyd. lift and turn plow, poly back window, Polaris soft cab with Poly sport roof, factory heat/defrost

I'm sure I will get some grief for this----- Polaris markets their own hyd lift and turn plow set up. I have one on mine and I like it. 2 electrical connections and one lever to lock or unhook, the only disadvantage is over time the latch assembly gets loose and will unhook its self under certain circumstances plowing I.E. packing snow on a bank or hitting frozen mounds . I and several others have a quick fix for it with a clamp

10. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

No one will give you grief around here! That looks like the Glacier Pro that you have..? Looks like a very nice system as well. It appears you can get the poly or the steel blade, which do you have? I like the light weight poly so it would be easy on the front of the machine, but would probably go steel myself for a little extra weight when I'm back blading and such. I currently move snow with a "Snowcaster" attachment on an old Case tractor. Its a bit of a commitment to get out there on that thing for the smaller snow storms. It is a BEAST in the heavy stuff, but it wouldn't take too much to talk me into a plow these days. I could probably complete my snow moving duties in a fraction of the time.

11. GaryL

GaryL Gary Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900 Crew

This is a timely thread....been considering a new plow for my 900 Crew.

12. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

Agreed. I am the odd sort that enjoys the snowfalls (at least at first o_O) so I can put my equipment to use! I look forward to a snow removal thread this winter!

13. Robert Barrett

Robert Barrett SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Glass tip out windshield w/factory wiper-washer, Glacier Pro hyd. lift and turn plow, poly back window, Polaris soft cab with Poly sport roof, factory heat/defrost

I have the steel plow 72" it works good and very easy on and off. I have started to coat it with SnoJet spray to see if it helps with keeping snow from sticking to the plow. I would suggest if you have gravel drive keep the plow edge off the stones about 3/4 to 1 " by raising the skids , much less lawn clean up in the spring

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Seastacker likes this.
  14. AnythingUTV

AnythingUTV justin Supporting Vendor

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR XP 1000

15. OU812

OU812 DuWayne Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

2013 800 LE FS Sunset Red

Motoalliance Denali 72" is perfect, thats what i have. Measure the width of your front tires to the outter edge and go the next size bigger blade. This will help give you enough edge when you turn the blade. To clear for the tires. Put 350-400 lbs of sand in the back, upgrade your battery and lighting and rock on.

Du

16. race2win01

race2win01 Brad SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Ranger XP900 hunter edition

I went with the the 72" Denali Pro plow kit w/hydroturn. A very well built plow that comes with markers & flap as well.
    I also added the Polaris pro plow control that allows you to control winch in & out as well as the hydroturn left & right...all right on the shifter. Make sure to get the part number pictured, as it comes with 4 switches & two contactor harnesses, instead of 2 & 1....a good add on for $50. It can also be used in a 2 switch configuration.

FB_IMG_1475109682191.jpg 20160929_150036.jpg 2879227.jpg 20161008_111209.jpg

Seastacker likes this.
  17. Tgoulet007

Tgoulet007 Thierry SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris RZR

What kind of snowplow is best?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018