1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Soon to be Odes Owner... what to get 1st??

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Buellblackbelt, May 7, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Buellblackbelt

Buellblackbelt Adam SXS Nation Rookie

So i have the opportunity this summer to get into the Side x side world. I have been searching for a while now... and i like the Polaris, and Can-Ams, heck the simplicity of the American Landmasters are nice too. But the Odes seem to strike a chord with me. utility and sport all in one. I know that the older models have had their issues. But it seems to be that the newer (2015 and up) seem to be pretty good and reliable.

I am torn between a couple options...

1. used 2017 Dominator X4 LT... w/long trail suspesion.. with 700 miles and they are around the $13,000 mark

2. get a CPO from ODES themselves... so basically used/new lol their factory demo models.

definitely want the X4 since i have two kids and want the whole family to enjoy.... I will keep it posted here which model i get in the upcoming months.

My main question (sorry I ramble) is besides the Snow Plow and side covers (for winter plowing)... what other mods or add on do people think is the best and which should i avoid?

Thanks everyone

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Consumer complaints are still quite high!

Buellblackbelt likes this.
  3. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2016 polaris ranger 570 XP

1st get a different machine!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buellblackbelt likes this.
  4. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

if I were you I would look hard at a proven name brand.. the odes look nice but they seem to not hold up well. you will be much happier with either a Polaris or can am. I personally have had great luck with all of my mavericks and know many people who love their Polaris.. id buy either one of these brands used before I bought a new odes

5. Buellblackbelt

thank you for all the info... too bad Odes wont step up and make sure their product was worth the money people invest. it just sucks that their product looks like it should handle well but the small things and customer service seem to make it fall flat on their face

wgarcar1 likes this.
  6. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

I've got a 17 Dominator 800 X-2 I use as my work horse. Put a 6' plow on it for snow, summer it's dragging driveways, and general clean up. It was a demo from the dealer and had 4 hrs on it. I took it in for the 50 hr service, replaced the belt due to it having a burnt spot, thats the only issue I've had. This past winter in Minnesota was brutal, lots of snow, hard to push, not to mention the cold. I put a cab on mine, take the doors off for summer, back window keeps the dust from coming in, just don't trailer with cab on, I also remove the windshield

Buellblackbelt and Seastacker like this.
  7. Buellblackbelt

After looking at more posts... I think that i am going to do some more searching... I love to wrench and tinker.. so i am not afraid to fix things. but if I get a new one id hope that everything works for years... even throuhg Michigan winters....

PlumberSteve76 likes this.
  8. fishwitch44

fishwitch44 bob SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator 4X long Travel

I have the 17 dominator 4x with the long Travel. My only issue so far has been the speedo. Don’t let everybody scare you away. The big thing is check out your place of purchase. Make sure they are going to take care of any issues you have. I bought mine from a dealer a distance from me and when I had a problem I called a dealer quite a bit closer and they just gave me the run around. Ended up taking it back where I bought it. Seems around here in Michigan there aren’t many authorized dealers. Good luck with whatever you buy. I’m sure they all have problems.

9. DC Dre

DC Dre Andre SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Odes Denominator 800

I also brought an Odes Dominator X4 2017 first I'm going to do the exhaust and EPI belt ..

10. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

I have a Ranger 900 XP so I am biased but if anything breaks on my rig I can get parts and service for it almost anywhere and even though it is a '17 model I can get back a big chunk of my purchase price on resale.
    You might check out something like this from my local dealer. There are no add on fees and that price is what you pay except for govt mandatory taxes.
    Year 2019
    Make Polaris®
    Model Ranger Crew® XP 900 EPS
    Stock No.
    VIN/HIN
    Condition New
    Mileage
    Price $13,299.00 (Do the "click for instant quote" to get this price)
    Full Details:
    2019 Polaris® Ranger Crew® XP 900 EPS | Powersports of America

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    DieselFume likes this.
  11. Buellblackbelt

yeah i found a dealer just south of port huron area that i am going to check out. JCL Plow.... looks like most dealers are Family Farm and Home... definitely don't truck them to work on my stuff..lol