1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Spark Arrestor?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Pede, Mar 18, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Can any one tell me how much fiber is suppose to be around the spark arrestor? I had a piece on the top of the screen about half way around that went to a point farther in.

2. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

I don't believe there should be any at the actual spark arrestor screen. I have had mine out to clean and never seen any fibers.

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Yeah, never seen fiber in the actual arrestor of anything I have worked on or cleaned. I wonder if some packing blew out of the muffler and got caught in the spark arrestor...?

4. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I pulled mine out today. Damn. Just about useless. Screen is broken off almost all the way around AND I found some type of woven material was cushining it inside the exhaust. Price piece part $45 to 35 best price was $30.

5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Just got off the phone with my dealer, fiber is common and it's coming from the muffler, cleaned and reinstalled. The other question I asked him, service manual says to use red loctite on the clutch spider, I like the stuff and use it a lot but not here, might have to dissemble again someday, he agreed so I used blue, actually had some of the thread tape style I've been wanting to try, didn't work the best here.

6. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I pulled and replaced my Spark Arrestor yesterday. Not cheap $32.00 but it was needed. The old one had a few holes in it after 5 years. The new arrestor fit in so tightly I could not have even put in a sheet of paper let alone any fiber. I used anti-seize on the bolt/nut and around the sleeve of the arrestor.\, maybe I won't need a hammer and chisel to get it out next time!

7. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Joe, wouldn't count on it....