1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Sport SxS with a snow plow

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by magstar67, May 8, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. magstar67

magstar67 Jeff SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2009 Teryx

New member here! I recently sold my 2009 Teryx and am looking at 1000cc machines, really like the YXZ with the sport shift setup as well as some of the other Sport SxS’s too. My biggest want is something that is fun to drive but would like to be able to use it for pushing snow on my own long driveway too. Being in Missouri most of my riding would be trail riding etc. Anyone have any insight on using one for this purpose or am I forced to look at more utilitarian rides? My brother has a new Pioneer 1000, it’s nice but really like bucket seats and something more sporty. Is there anything you feel fills both needs???

TIA

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

I’d get something that has low range if you plan on plowing. I don’t believe the YXZ does.
    I’ve seen plenty of RZRs with plows and they seem to work well. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a maverick or X3 with one but I’m sure they are available.

magstar67 likes this.
  3. Dragmouse

Dragmouse Mike SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

'18 Textron Wildcat XX

I had a RZR S 1000, very capable, sporty trail machine. Did an excellent job plowing snow and the Polaris quik attach mount was quick & easy to hook up & remove (30 seconds) plus it protected the front of the machine from rock blasts while riding Hatfield McCoy trails.

magstar67 likes this.
  4. Dragmouse

Dragmouse Mike SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

'18 Textron Wildcat XX

And if you remove the engine oil dipstick access door between the seats, you get heat from the engine!

magstar67 likes this.
  5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

If you know of or have a good dealer in your area then whatever brand he sells is what you should get.

magstar67 likes this.
  6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I see lots of RZR's plowing. I like the YXZ, but I don't think that transmission or the relatively tall gear ratios would be a great option for plowing.

PS....never seen an X3 plowing, but that would be pretty damn cool if you ask me.

magstar67 likes this.