1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Help

Discussion in 'MotoAlliance' started by MotoAllianceJen, Aug 29, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MotoAllianceJen

MotoAllianceJen Jennifer Supporting Vendor

We are watching the news and seeing so much devastation in Texas from Hurricane Harvey. We want to know how we can help. Does anyone know of someone who can benefit from a Viper winch or a Sirius Light Bar in helping others through this storm? We are willing to supply either to someone who needs it. Please let us know as much information as you can give - who it is, how they are assisting others, and how can we get them the resource they need?

River Rat likes this.
  2. poorboy1964

poorboy1964 Tom SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Kymco 700 LE

Great offer Jen hopefully someone can direct you to the right people

3. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Might be best to wait a bit and maybe give this to one of the USAR teams, Texas has one and I seen Ohio sent one. These are 200 member units of highly trained individuals including doctors and K9's, they usually have mutable UTV's.

4. MotoAllianceJen

This is good information. Thanks!

5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Having been involved with several disasters over the years as a member of the fire service I can tell you a few things; everyone wants to help and if you just show up or maybe send something keep in mind someone has to oversee this and that takes manpower away from vital services, and you can't imagine how much it takes, once various originations get geared up, especially the local ones like churches and clubs they can handle this. Money is the best bet at first, but choose your charity carefully. After Katrina Bush changed things around, one of the major actions was to get everyone in the US emergency services on the same page as far as command and control, the other was to assure that everyone has a plan of action should this occur. Remember if they want or need anything it's requested through the chain of command.

6. MotoAllianceJen

Thank you for taking the time to give such a complete answer! We have wondered about the issue of installation taking time away.

7. SxSNationDev

SxSNationDev Zachary Administrator

Hey Jennifer,

I am so happy to see your enthusiasm for helping those in need in Texas! In times of need, our community is great for these type of unfortunate scenarios. I am currently brainstorming some quick ideas to get a "Go Fund Me" page rolling for the Side x Side community to help donate in anyway possible. I want to reward those who donate with some awesome giveaways. @FixMyToysZACH is on board to give a bunch of Polaris clothing away to help out with those in need. Let me know your thoughts, I think we can get some serious pull on our platforms with this. Any other vendors interested in something like this? Feel free to throw some ideas out, SXSNation is game to help those out in need as well as reward those who would like to donate if we start a Go Fund Me.

If anyone is interested, we need to act quick and find contacts on the inside that can help to make sure we are donating to the right people.

@AnythingUTV @UTV_INC @Wolfsnout® @vividracing @Throttle MAXX @Motoalliance @DirtyDawgDale @Kymedic @RaceDriven

8. MotoAllianceJen

We are in!

Curt and SxSNationDev like this.
  9. SxSNationDev

I put a Go Fund Me page together, just going to wait a bit longer to see who we can get on board. With the help of our Vendors, I think we could hit a very large audience even if you don't donate anything.

10. UTV_INC

UTV_INC UTV Supporting Vendor

Side X Side(s):

Like Pokemon, got to collect them all.

UTV INC would love to help out in any way we can.

11. SxSNationDev

Awesome, I should have more details soon!

12. Curt

Curt Administrator

We appreciate the help from both companies!

MotoAllianceJen likes this.
  13. SxSNationDev

Anyone else interested? I am going to end up putting something together tonight and have the details over to everyone participating.

14. SxSNationDev

Update, I held out as there were more and more Hurricanes to follow Harvey. I am now thinking we throw that fundraiser towards a complete effort to help anyone in need throughout the Caribbeans, Florida, Texas and parts of the East Coast. I am putting together some ideas, gathering contacts in those areas who can best help.