1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Throttle-Max, Control on ALL Terrains!

Discussion in 'Product Spotlight' started by SxSNationDev, Jul 18, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. SxSNationDev

SxSNationDev Zachary Administrator

Throttle-Max, Control on ALL Terrains!

[​IMG]

Hey Folks!

Id like to tell yinz about a very useful little American made product i picked up and decided to review this past week called "ThrottleMaxx". I stumbled upon it via our FB page and other pages/forums. The reviews from other owners were very good. I read nothing but praise about it. After a little reading and research via their website and random other forums/groups, I found that it would help with the sudden and abrupt throttle stabs or jerking that was associated with dropping over logs, into ditches, and through rocky rough areas. i also read that it would help short ppl (my wife was the main person i thought of..) who had issues with throttle control due to only being able to push the gas pedal with their toes. This also includes folks who have small feet that aren't capable of resting their heel on the floor and using their toes for pedal pressure. Another very hot topic was how much it helped the Kids who also drove buggies. Let's face it folks, Kids are typically a priority in our lives, and there's no problem with that!

I read about this product a lot in the Teryx world. (being that i own a teryx, i see these posts quite a bit) One problem that i seen that seemed to plague teryx owners the most was "shin/Calf fatigue". It seems as though most teryx owners all seem to agree that the gas pedal is mounted rather high from the floor board. This caused an issue for many folks.

Overall researched lead to the discussion of how much better it made the "Slow and Precise" type of throttle control. This was talked about on many levels. Whether folks were driving in tight woods, or if they were crawling over rocks, logs, ditches, and other tricky terrain, they all claimed the difference was night and day.

Something else i read about was how easy and quick it was to install.. Holy cow, everyone was right! 2 bolts, and Bingo, it was done. It took longer to make my video and talk about it, than it did to install. Super Fast, and Super Easy!

After a good 40 miles of riding, i now know that the information i read is true. After a little bit of "re-teaching" my foot where it needed to be, wow i was sold! The control of the gas pedal was increased big time. The way it affects the precision movement is pretty neat. It made the machine a whole other beast. I was able to very easily feather my way through some nasty rocks last night that i normally just bump and slide through. The wife made the comment "wow.. didn't drag our belly on those this time.." I'd personally have to say it was because i was able to control the gas pedal a lot better at low RPM and speed. After a bit, my wife drove it for a bit and said "Wow i love this pedal extension". It made her buggy riding experiences A LOT easier and better. No more "toes only" control, and no jerking or stabbing of the throttle for her.

So i took some time to make a video of the product once i received it, (shipping was super quick by the way..) to talk about it and show you how simple it was to install.

Youtube Link ----> HERE

I hope you all Enjoyed the write-up of this cool little add-on. Maybe you'll know someone who could benefit from this accessory and pass the info along! Give them a Look at throttlemaxx and see if they've got a pedal for you!

-WagZ- (SXSNation Moderator)

[​IMG]
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

DieselFume, WagZ and Curt like this.
  2. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Great write up. I've seen these before and I'm now considering them for the mule. I think it will really help smooth out the throttle in the rough terrain.

WagZ likes this.
  3. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Great write up and loved the video WAGZ! I'm thinking about seeing if they make one for the ranger. I'm real curious how it would effect my "cross country" high speed trips across the rough sagebrush.

WagZ likes this.
  4. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Fantastic write up WAGZ! Thanks! Just what I needed, a chance to improve my Prowler!

WagZ likes this.
  5. Richard Davidson

Side X Side(s):

Ordered one today! Can't wait!

WagZ and SxSNationDev like this.
  6. WagZ

WagZ WagZ Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2016 Teryx4 LE

You'll like it man, after a little time, it grew on me and now im like HECK YESS. If you get a chance to personally talk to Mr ThrottleMaxx, You'll soon learn he's a very respectable individual just like we are. I enjoy Good USA made products, but i enjoy them much more when i know the person behind them put their heart and soul into helping other ppl...Thats why i wanted to do the write-up the most. It'd be like us making something and helping everyone else in the sxs world. We wouldnt boast about it because the product would speak for itself and us as individuals.

Richard Davidson likes this.
  7. Richard Davidson

Side X Side(s):

A pleasure to know you! Maybe we can ride someday!

WagZ likes this.
  8. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

I hear you on that. I've never actually talked to the guy but everything I've read and saw videos of was nothing but good things to say about him and his company. The pedal layout as well as seat to floor measurement in the mule creates a bit of a funky position for me. Being 6'4" probably doesn't help either. I'm not to concerned with smoothing out the throttle in the bumpy stuff as I am with my feet and legs being in a more comfortable position. I will definitely give this another look

WagZ likes this.
  9. Richard Davidson

Side X Side(s):

DSCN5005.JPG DSCN5006.JPG DSCN5007.JPG Ordered one on Wednesday, received it today! Looks to be about a 5 minute install! Plan on riding later tonight! Want to try the throttlemaxx, and my superbriteled headlights! The install was super easy, foot placement is improved greatly!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    WagZ and SxSNationDev like this.
  10. Richard Davidson

Side X Side(s):

Latest Update! Many Thanks to WAGZ! Went for a two hour ride this am, throttle control, and comfort are perfect! I highly recommend this for all users!

WagZ likes this.
  11. WagZ

WagZ WagZ Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2016 Teryx4 LE

Throttlemaxx just released a pedal for the Pioneer 500 and 700 too for all the Honda owners.

Richard Davidson likes this.
  12. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

Just got a few minutes to watch this video. I really like this product! I checked and they dont have one for the Ranger yet. I will keep my eyes peeled. Nice Job @WagZ !

WagZ likes this.
  13. WagZ

WagZ WagZ Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2016 Teryx4 LE

He's working on one for the rangers. Problem ive noticed with rangers, there is a bunch of variations with the rangers, different pedal setups.

Seastacker likes this.
  14. mtimesplitter167

mtimesplitter167 Mike SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

Great write up

Richard Davidson and WagZ like this.
  15. SxSNationDev

SxSNationDev Zachary Administrator

@Throttle MAXX , any updates on newer releases and what currently is available for the riders of SXSNation.com?