1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Tire size for a '14 max with 2" RT lift

Discussion in 'Commander Nation' started by Craig Sterley, Oct 14, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Craig Sterley

Craig Sterley SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'14 Commander Max

Anyone know how big of a tire I can go with everything stock except for the racer tech 2" lift and medium duty shocks they have? Or even how I measure what I can do with it?

Thanks!

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hey Craig-
    I'm not familiar with you Can-Am but I'll try and help.

What size is on there now? I have found that at least on Polaris machines you can go up at least one inch in tire size, and sometimes two inches on a stock suspension.. Since yours is lifted you may have room for more than that. If you've got a winch up front, I'd try and tie it to the ground somehow and pull the front end down to where it bottoms out the shocks and then physically measure the amount of room you have above and behind the front wheels. That should give you an idea of what you might be able to fit, or not fit. Usually back tires are not a fitment issue on machines, but being unfamiliar with Can-Am, It might be something you'd want to check as well.

3. Davisc8210

Davisc8210 Chris SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 can am commander

I have a 2.5 super atv lift kit and was running 29.5 outlaw2 tires. I would suggest a 28 inch tires with only a 2" lift kit