1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Towing a boat

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Piston Honda, Sep 25, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

?

I need an honest answer.

1. a) Does this boat make my Pioneer look big?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. b) Does this Pioneer make my boat look big?

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. c) Neither look big

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. d) Both look big

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

Time to get the boat out of the lake and get it ready for the winter. The P500 is perfect for moving it around the yard. Still used my F150 to get it out of the lake because it's waaaaay better for that kind of work. ;) But I have to know... (see poll)

Attached Files:

Rhoda Mule and RWB713 like this.
  2. martinbrown01

martinbrown01 Martin SXS Nation Rookie

I think Both look big.....

3. RWB713

RWB713 Richard SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Polaris RZR XPT4

Does my dingy makes my Sportsman look big?

[​IMG]

You should really launch a boat with a 4 wheeler sometime... the looks are priceless!

4. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

If you want looks, launch it with a spotting hitch. RM

RWB713 likes this.
  5. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

I have been known to have fished bass tournaments which means you leave very early in the mornings and home late afternoon. Living on the end of a long dead end street with a lot of cars parked on the road, I found it safer and easy to move the boat to the front of the trucks spotting hitch before going down my street. After doing this several time the neighbors came to me and asked about driving with the boat in the front, why I did it and was it safe. I told them it was very safe because I always know where my boat is, and this keeps people from running into my prop. They thought that I drove to and back from the lake with the boat on the spotting hitch! I never told them different. Should I feel bad about this? RM

6. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Ha...I like that...in my young boy days I worked at a small marina with a public ramp. At that time the ramp fee was 3 bucks but it took folks an avg of 1/2 to 3/4 hr to get there boat in or out. The marina wasnt making much money and neither was I, as the guy in charge I was getting one dollar for each boat that used the ramp. We had an old Jeep parked in the weeds. I got it running well and put a ball on back and front. I would meet folks in the parking lot and hook one boat on front and one on back ( for the same 3 buck fee) . People were shocked to see me going down the road to the ramp with 2 boats in tow. Boat in front launched first, backed up and swung around to drop the empty trailer, then backed in the rear boat, in that time, the first boat had enough time to leave the dock for the second boat to take its place. Now we were getting at least 4 boats in within an hour and I was now making a wopping 4 dollars every hour. Much better than the dollar and a half per hour that most minimum wage folks were making. Many wierd looks from folks while driving down the back road with 2 boats in tow with a little jeep in between!

Rhoda Mule likes this.