1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Tracker 500S / Kymco issue

Discussion in 'Kymco Nation' started by Starfire, Jun 3, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Have them show you in the instruction manual where that is standard! Time to get an attorney and look into lemon laws.
    Another thing is to get a great big sign and set up across the street from the dealer, also contact local news to do a story about this. I would not go down without a fight!
    Thus is what Textron was doing to customers with BadBoy Buggies, they bought ArticCat to try and cover their bankruptcy issues. Looke like AC is going to become as crooked as Textron.....

2. LeeBurnup

LeeBurnup Lee SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Tracker 500S

This is Lee with the latest post and issue. I sure hope it does not come to that. Good advise.

3. Starfire

Starfire Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Lee.. if it makes you feel any better, mine seems to have calmed down. I have 15 hours on it and maybe once fully broken in, it won't be an issue. If there is a way to PM me do that and I can get into full details. I am feeling better about the bike now though just to let you know.

4. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2019 CanAm X3 XRC

Leaving the key on after shutting it off does nothing. If the coolant isn't circulating from the engine running it isn't cooling.

Seastacker likes this.
  5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Textron owned Polaris at one time, just about eliminated them from the market.

6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Exactly. It will cool what is in the radiator, but not the coolant in the engine. The coolant in the engine probably rises in temp after shut down. I know mine goes up a few degrees after I kill it.

Accurate. I was bummed when I saw Textron using the Arctic Cat name to essentially bury debt. I hope Cat can survive as Polaris did back in the day.

7. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I don't know how many but a group of top executives from Textron bought the Polaris brand, most of the tooling was worn out and shortly after bought tooling from John Deere as they were getting out of snowmobiles and the rest they say is history, wish I'd have bought stock back then.

Seastacker likes this.
  8. LeeBurnup

Side X Side(s):

Tracker 500S

Scott and Ken, I left my Tracker with Bass Pro shop end of July and asked to have it back fixed in a week. Didn't happen and we left for our previously planned vacation camping trip for 5 weeks. So they had over 5 weeks to correct. Still did not happen. Tryed to give me BS about letting the fan run to cool it off before shutting down. I and the sales Manager agree that this is not acceptable. It will not start after running a short period time and temp max out with trouble code. Not acceptable. I have turned it over to Lemon Law attorney. I am devastated. I bought new in order to not have issues. Unbelievable that Textron thinks it is acceptable for it to over heat, show trouble code and not restart if you cut it off. What a bunch of bullshit.

9. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

You are absolutely correct...bs it is! The dealer should start replacing parts until the problem is fixed! I would definetly post your troubles on every forum you can find, call your local news people and get them to do a public relations story on this.
    If you financed the unit call your bank, you may have the right to with hold the payment until it gets fixed.
    It would be in there best interest to start replacing all the electronic bits one at a time until the problem gets resolved!!
    I know the folks at my local Bass Pro, believe I will mention the poor service on these machines and perhaps let them know the word is spreading about poor service on these machines. If you have some spare time, go to your local BP store and let the customers know how your being treated....wish I could do more...

10. LeeBurnup

Side X Side(s):

Tracker 500S

11. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Lemon laws vary by state. In Michigan, it only applies to cars and trucks. Not to motorhomes, off road vehicles or similar.
    I can say that my sister in law went thru the lemon law process on a Hyundai car. It took months and she still was not made whole. It was a mess.
    The other option may be to try and sell it disclosing the issue and get close to whole and move on. The used market is on fire right now. You may find it sells even with the issue and does so quickly. Not ideal, but something to consider.