1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Trailer Advise

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by Bsmith68, Mar 10, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Bsmith68

Bsmith68 Bryan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Polaris Ranger Crew XP 1000 EPS Northstar Edition

Recently purchased a 2020 Polaris Ranger Crew Northstar Edition and looking for trailer recommendations. I have considered 7 x 14 Aluminum single axle but wonder if this will be adequate as the Northstar checks in at 2300#. I wont likely do many long road hauls but want to be safe and secure when I do. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Most mfgrs have a load rating on their trailers based on axle, tires and springs.
    A trailer with a 3500# capacity or axle weight should serve you well. In my area there are many out there.

3. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

You also what to make sure you consider anything else you may want to haul and if you are going to haul anything with you machine. A double axle trailer will tow much nicer than a single.

Bsmith68 likes this.
  4. Bsmith68

Bsmith68 Bryan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Polaris Ranger Crew XP 1000 EPS Northstar Edition

Thanks 'airshot'

5. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

With a machine that large and heavy you will thank yourself going double axle. You will also thank your self later on getting one a bit bigger than needed for just the machine. At some point you will want to bring some extra gear or something. Also, the bit of extra room will give you more options and a little breathing room while strapping down. Just my .02....you seldom hear about anyone regretting going a little bigger than they need to get by.

CFDTuc, Rockin Ronnie and Bsmith68 like this.
  6. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

Bigger is always better. I just recently purchased a 34 foot trailer so I can haul multiple machines when family and friends want to come alone.

2019_Wolverine_7_x_26_Straight_Axle_14K_Car_Hauler_YaKsro.jpg

Bsmith68 and Seastacker like this.
  7. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Holy crap...that is HUGE. Surprised you didn't go goose neck on one that size.

8. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR XP4 1000 turbo

I looked at them but really wanted aluminum and could beat the deal.

Seastacker likes this.
  9. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD; 2016 Mahindra mPact 750S, SOLD.)

I had to sell my tandem trailer and go back to a single axle due to where I park. We live in a subdivision and I have to back between the houses to park in my back yard. Visualize being on a 2-lane street, pulling past your opening, now turning the wheel to back between two houses. As the tandem trailer crosses over the gutter onto MY WIFE'S LAWN, one of the tires has to skid a bit in the turn and scrapes up MY WIFES LAWN! (Kind of like driving on your lawn with positive traction engaged.) So I went back to a single axle with a #3500 axle and a useful loaf of about #2500. Having gone thru several trailers I've found Down-to-Earth trailers sold by Reedy Branch Equipment Company in Pearson, GA to have the best deal, quality and service in my area.

Bsmith68 likes this.