1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Trim between windshield and roof

Discussion in 'Commander Nation' started by Craig Sterley, Jul 16, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Craig Sterley

Craig Sterley SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'14 Commander Max

I see the can-am full windshield has a piece of stripping that goes between the top of the windshield to the roof to seal that area off from the elements. I purchased an emp windshield and it has a gap between the then and it seems you can't order just that piece from can-am. normally not awful until it rains or you run into bugs as they go yo the windshield and hit the bottom inside of the roof and fall in your lap. We currently have a pool noodle cut in half and slid on the top the windshield to fill the gap, approx 3 inches.

Any ideas our products you've seen that would work better for this?

Thanks!

2. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD SXS Nation Insanity

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

That is a pretty good sixed gap! A filler panel may be the best option.

3. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD SXS Nation Insanity

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Cleaning my garage, and ran across a piece of landscape edging, it has a rolled top edge, and is about 4" wide. Fairly light weight, and black in color. Just an off the wall thought!

4. Craig Sterley

Craig Sterley SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'14 Commander Max

I was looking through the Grainger web site yesterday and ran across a couple of different things as well. Going to stop out there tomorrow and get some hands on and see what happens. I will post whatever i end up doing.

5. azimmer14

azimmer14 Aub SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Mule Pro FXT

Did anyone every find a solution for this? We have a Mule Pro FXT with a soft enclosure, but there is a gap above the windshield between that and the roof.