1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Trinity slip on exhaust

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by noXcuses, Oct 3, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. noXcuses

noXcuses Erik SXS Nation Rookie

I have a 2 year old trinity slip on exhaust and after my last ride I recognized that one of the exhaust ports was pointed in an odd direction. I can spin the tube freely and the other one remains in its appropriate fixed direction. Has anyone had this happen? I love the exhaust but don't want to have to manually move the port or constantly check which direction it's pointed.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Never had a trinity. I wonder if its one of the twin muffler style systems if the 2 mufflers are just held by a clamp and that clamp needs to be snugged up.
    PS...pics always help :)

3. noXcuses

Thanks for the reply. Realized I should’ve posted pics originally... screws holding plate are tight and nothing has occurred to cause the tube to change direction unless it happened internally. Didn’t want to break anything down in case anyone had advice. Probably just going to reach out to Trinity to see if I can get any assistance 6F58A40B-D4EF-49AF-B53C-B991261391D7.jpeg

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I agree w/ that approach. It almost looks like that tail pipe is part of the muffler end cap. I wonder if it was welded or somehow crimped inside and that came loose. I would take the end cap off to see what happened before you call Trinity personally. Keep us posted.

5. noXcuses

Contacted Trinity and they are sending some shims to correct the issue. Hope it does the trick...

Seastacker likes this.