1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble shooting clutch issues

Discussion in 'Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback' started by ArrowedC, Nov 21, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. ArrowedC

ArrowedC Orlando SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris Ranger 500 2x4 2007

Good evening, I am having trouble with my Polaris ranger 500 2x4, its having trouble when asking for more power. It seems the belt is slipping, I smell it burning and a noise is coming from that area. The primary clutch and belt have been changed. Looking for ideas how how to trouble shoot the secondary clutch and how to rebuild it. Thanks in advance.

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

What year is your 500? Sometimes you can service the secondary, but there are many parts in it that are not serviceable.

Did you check the belt alignment after you replace the primary?

3. ArrowedC

ArrowedC Orlando SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris Ranger 500 2x4 2007

It is a 2007. Gonna go back and check alignment again.

4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Did you replace the clutch and belt with Polaris units? Or something else?