1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Tusk line of tires

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by jmarco89, Apr 11, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

2. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

These are the only pics I've found of the warthog tires. No info at all on them that I can find

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Don't know much about the Tusk tires-

Was thinking they were a low cost option for awhile, but these seem like they're a better tire? 8 ply and pretty decent tread pattern on them!

Just don't have any experience with them! Wonder how well they cover their products?

4. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

From what I've seen they seem to be a great tire. They are Rocky Mountain atv's in house tire brand from what I've gathered. The terrabites seem to have a ton of reviews across all the forums online. Everybody loves them

The terrabite is a kanati mongrel tread pattern with a pro armor crawler side wall

I just really wanted some info on the warthogs

5. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

Well finally after 3 phone calls and 2 emails I figured out the load ratings on the warthogs. 29x9x14 is 850 and 29x11x14 is 920. I feel pretty comfortable with those numbers.

My only complaint is that the tusk brand is a in house brand of Rocky Mountain atv. It was like pulling teeth trying to get those 2 numbers. You would think a company that has there own line of tires would know a bunch on specs. Well I can assure you that was not the case

6. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Sounds like pretty good load rating numbers! I like the tighter tread pattern of the Terribite myself, less openings to have something to get through and puncture the carcass. Have my first set of Kanati Mongrels on their way today for a customer. Interested to see them up close! should be here in 3 shipping days.

7. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

If you don't mind post some pictures when you get them in. I've narrowed it down to those 2. I just worry about the tighter tread pattern packing full of sticky mud

naylor649 likes this.
  8. AnythingUTV

AnythingUTV justin Supporting Vendor

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR XP 1000

Thought I posted here on Tusk tires, guess not?

I've sold many sets of Terrabites. All seem to love them & yes, they've been getting good reviews even on Eactcoast trail riding. Had a guy in TX with 5 RZRs order 20, he's happy with them. I've had 1 customer recently want a refund & return his. He mounted them, went for a ride & liked them. Said the next day went for a ride and they all flattened out on 1 side. Just from sitting 1 day. They are to be Radials, but stamped Nylon. RM told me they are a Radial Nylon 8 ply & all he needed to do is ride a few miles, they should return to normal. Customer swears he tried & still wanted to return them. No other issues.

I run the Warthogs. They are new & I was looking for tires for my own ride. The tread looks damn good. They are like the Terrabite but with the tread spaced out more for better clean out. I haven't had them out on trails yet but I don't foresee any issues with these things!

DieselFume and jmarco89 like this.
  9. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

I've decided I'm going with the warthogs. Little more aggressive than the terrabite and should work really well for me. Just need to get the funds in line and pull the trigger on them

I've tried talking with Rocky Mountain about them. The one guy I talked to didn't even know tusk was their in house brand of tires lmao since you sell them is there any way you give me load ratings on the 28x10x15? Rocky Mountain was little to no help

10. AnythingUTV

AnythingUTV justin Supporting Vendor

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR XP 1000

Found in the Q&A area on their site, 830# for the 29". Can't imagine the 28"x15 be much off from that. I have the 30x14 & they are stamped max load 1,000lbs

jmarco89 likes this.
  11. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

Yeah that was me that asked that question when I was thinking about going with the 29s. I just wasn't to confident with the answer they gave me after speaking to a couple guys on the phone about them

12. Expat

Expat Larry SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2012 Polaris Ranger 800XP

Just rode with a guy in Arizona that had 2200 miles on his 30" Terabites on his RZR turbo. They good great and he loves them and has had no issues with them. Hard to beat for the price.

13. Xrambox

Xrambox Chad SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Teryx4

I just put on tusk warthogs 27x9x14 and 27x11x14 on my 2017 teryx4 le. They are very good tires. I have about 30 miles so far on them. Soaks up the bumps, grips very well on dry pack and rocks. I did drive about 5 miles on asphalt, did nothing to tread or lugs. I know there is not alot of reviews out there on these, but i think they will be a great tire.

Attached Files:

a1dover, Piston Honda and jmarco89 like this.
  14. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

Thanks chad and welcome to sxs nation. I've decided I'm buying them for sure. They look way better in person then the stock photos I've seen online. Now I just need to figure out which wheels I want

Piston Honda likes this.
  15. Brian A

Brian A Brian SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Wildcat X Special Edition

I have 30-10 x 14 Warthogs all the way around on my 2016 Wildcat X Special Edition.Stock wheels,8lbs air in front,10 lbs rear.So far great on rocks,very good on fast Mi trails,no high speed wobble ( 70 mph )on pavement,a little loud.Like them a lot.Going to Moab soon for some serious rock climbing.Brian

DieselFume and Seastacker like this.
  16. Brian A

Side X Side(s):

Forgot to mention they stand 30" tall mounted on stock rims.A lot of tires run small.Hope this helps

17. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

When I do my upcoming build, I am between the crawler xg and the terrabite. Terrabites have great reviews and the price is unbeatable. BUT, I really like what I am hearing about the crawlers. If I shop a bit, I can get them within $20-30 a tire. Decisions decisions

18. Brian A

Side X Side(s):

Just got an e-mail from Rocky Mountain ATV.Big end of season sale on Tusk tires.

19. Curt

Curt Administrator

Ive heard a lot of good things about the terrabites.

20. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Hard to resist them at that price. It’s gonna be decision time soon.