1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Update on my issues dealing with EMP regarding Tail Gate To Bumper Contact

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken, Aug 10, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

After nearly two months working with Paul at Extreme Metal Products regarding my 2018 General 4 Tail Gate making contact with the EMP bumper before any slack is taken up on the cables. I spoke with Paul this morning after he did not reply to my recent email regarding the issue and how they planned to deal with it. The conversation went like this : " we brought in our 2017 and a new 2018 and determined we could fit a credit card between the bumper and the tail gate and our engineers felt that was no reason not to make any changes to the brackets".[/B] More importantly, they offered no help in correcting my situation even though they have seen pictures and a video (which i was unable to post here) that clearly show the cable slack not being taken up with the tail gate contacting the bumper. This will be my last purchase from a company that won't take care of their product issues. So this post is to remind all of you of this and too be aware that Extreme Metal Products will not stand behind what they sell us. They have lost my business forever.

I will take care of the issue myself by cutting down the brackets and re-weld them so I can get the necessary proper clearance.

Attached Files:

2. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

If you help refitting the mod let me know.

3. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

Thanks for the Offer Bro, but it won't take me long to correct their error! Cutting torch and a welder! And I have both :)

DieselFume likes this.
  4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Sorry to hear about your dealings Ken-

Everyone gets busy, and time is precious. Your time is worth no less than theirs,so they shouldn't treat you that way IMO- and I guess they just lost out on a good customer as well.

Sorry to hear that.

At least your not like some of these millennials:confused: that don't even know what a torch and a welder is! Fabrication is a foreign word to them!

Jungleman likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Administrator

I won’t use EMP for anything. I’ve had to block them from our Facebook pages because of constant spamming from them.

Ken likes this.