1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Vivid Racing - ATV transition to UTV

Discussion in 'General ATV/Quad Discussion' started by vividracing, Jul 12, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. vividracing

vividracing Jeremy Supporting Vendor

Side X Side(s):

2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat 4x 1000

With the popular UTV invasion over the last few years, and seeing how the race scene has changed over the same time frame, it got me thinking. What is happening to the sport or race quads? How many of us grew up riding, racing, or duning on a sport quad, or three wheeler?

Will there even be a sport ATV market in a few years? Time to sound off and want to get some insight or feedback. Did you ride a quad and now have a UTV? Do you still have a quad to ride or is it gone? Is the UTV your primary OHV now?

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

I doubt the Sport quad scene will go away, just because its a lower cost alternative for off roaders. I grew up on dirt bikes, then three wheelers and quads, but as I grew older that roll cage became a lot more attractive. Now I can take the family with me. The younger crowd aren't as worried about family and still think they are bullet proof.

Expat likes this.
  3. vividracing

Side X Side(s):

Curt, I look at the sport quad and race quad scene and see the numbers just plummeting over the past few years. When we started my youngest daughter racing her quad there were very little kids racing them, but a ton of adults, now with the UTV invasion we see more kids racing the quads but not as many adults. They have mostly moved onto the UTV racing.

I hope it never dies, I miss Honda not being in the game any more with the 450 quads. i would love to buy a newer technology type quad but am not a fan of Yamaha and they seem to have the market to themselves.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

I don't think the sport quads will go away, but I do think all the R&D will transition to the SXS's. They will take a large part of the sport quad market for sure. I used to love my quads and ATC's, but MAN....I just love riding and being able to relax a bit in my SXS. Doubt I will ever go back!

5. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

With that said... some legends never die :)
    I'm pretty sure I may keep this one just because.
    IMG_0250.JPG

vividracing likes this.
  6. vividracing

Side X Side(s):

If you ever got rid of that you would lose your man card. Those three wheelers are priceless and I wish I would have kept mine.

Seastacker and Expat like this.