1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Washing my 2019 Polaris General

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by mkp777, Mar 28, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. mkp777

mkp777 Mike SXS Nation Regular

I noticed in the owners manual that it says, don't use soap or car chemicals to wash the General with.
    I have a lot of dirt/dust caked on this General. We are close to spring. I want to wash it.

Suggestions from the forum?
    What do y'all use?

2. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

Owner's manual shmownners manual, simple Green will do the job and then you spray it with CS1 Maxima spray all over plastic and metal for a good coating.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I have always used a basic car wash with no ill results. I just dont use one with any sort of wax/ wash and wax. I actually got a foam cannon last summer and really blast it on there now.

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Yep use the car wash you have always liked and don't look back!

5. mkp777

A foam cannon? Whats that?

6. mkp777

I'm gonna have to google CS1 Maxima. I'm hoping this will help keep the dust and dirt from sticking so easily.

7. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

SC1 - MaximaUSA

Spray 1 can all over the machine ONE day after washing or wait until it's dry completely.
    Be careful it smells good, you might land up with a new girlfriend.
    After the kid in the dealership sprayed my ranger i got hooked on that stuff, believe me, here in Florida, WE GOT MUD [emoji90]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

8. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

It goes on the end of your power washer lance. You fill the jar with a bit of concentrated soap and some water. When it comes out under pressure it will coat your machine with foamy soap. I'm not quite sure it makes it a one step deal, but it does make soaping up a bit faster.
    I foam it, let the soap sit for a couple minutes, brush it and hose it off. They are supposed to be some magic one step auto wash.....im not sold on that at all. I still brush mine to get the heavier stuff off.

This is the one I got...$25. I figured for that price I would see what all the fuss was about.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2R2RVN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

upload_2020-3-30_8-59-49.png

PS....I do use a power washer. BUT....I turn the pressure way down when I'm doing areas around the motor, diff, electrical, etc. Don't want to force water into electrical connections or past seals. I have found lower pressure to be very effective without risking damage.

9. General Dan

General Dan Dan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2019 General deluxe 2015 Ranger 900 crew

I use a 1500 psi electric pressure washer on my 2015 Ranger crew and 2019 general. I have not had any problems with either one.
    I have found that carpet cleaner soap works well to get the dirt off. It is much less corrosive compared to a lot of cleaners.
    I mix 1/3 soap with water in a spray bottle, cover the machine with soap spray, and wash off after a few minutes.

10. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I buy cans of silicone spray and dry lube. I spray my machine topside with silicone and the underside with a dry lube or silicone which ever I have on hand. Even heavy sticky mud will cone off with a garden hose, really soiled areas night ned some simple green especially around motor or greasy areas. The silicone keeps the plastic looking good and keeps the crud from sticking so it only reqyires the pressure of a garden hose. The day following washday, I recoat everything with the silicone. I use dry lube to blast joints on a arms etc to flush out any water that nay be trapped in them. Now my ride is ready for the next trip.