1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

We will rise again!

Discussion in 'Prowler Nation' started by River Rat, Oct 16, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. River Rat

River Rat Mike SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

Our Prowler Nation is a pretty small tribe, we need to start recruiting! :rolleyes:

Piston Honda and Curt like this.
  2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

I'm not up to date on prowler stuff, but are they still making SxS's?

I've never seen one in person!

3. River Rat

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

They are rare, Bass Pro is the closest dealer to me and they really don't have much in stock compared to the Polaris, Kawasaki, and Honda dealers in the area.

4. River Rat

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

I better throw John Deere on the list also, I live in a farming community and there's few 825i's running around. I know of only 2 Arctic Cat HDX's in town and my old 650 Prowler.

5. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I will always keep an eye on what Cat is doing. I used to "bleed green" when it came to snowmobiles. I will tell ya, it was a hard pill to swallow coming over to Polaris for the SXS's. All those years giving those Polaris guys a spanking out on the trail was at the front of my mind ;). I don't regret it now though, I love my little Ranger. Arctic Cat just did not have what I needed at the time. I will certainly not rule them out when the time comes to get a 4 seater though. It looks like they only offer one 4 seat model that I can see (HDX 700 crew XT). It looks nice, but the Polaris General 4 will be some tough competition! Spread the word to all the Cat guys you ride with…..all brands for that matter, thats what this place is all about!

Bonesrzr likes this.
  6. River Rat

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

When I bought my Prowler 5 years ago used side by sides were hard to find, about all that was in this area were Gators and most were the old 6 wheel type, never saw a Polaris and now they're everywhere. The new Rangers are a lot quieter to ride in than Prowlers, my biggest complaint is the noise, it's impossible to hold a conversation with the passenger.

7. Curt

Curt Administrator

Sounds like you guys need to start recruiting!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD SXS Nation Insanity

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Prowlers are just not that popular compared to Polaris! They make a great product IMHO, and their price is competitive! Seems AC is really raising the bar on the Trail, Sport, and Wildcat line. More and more people are going pure sport rather than utility! I see maybe 1 Prowler out of 20 machines! Only thing I've noticed on Prowler owners is their reluctance to change! Pretty loyal group!

9. DG Rider

DG Rider james SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Present: 2015 Honda Pioneer 500
    Past: 2014 Honda Pioneer 700

I really like the new 500's size and price. I'm SxS-less at the moment, but when time comes, i may add to the ranks.

Curt likes this.
  10. Curt

Curt Administrator

Just do it!!!! o_O:D:p

11. SxSNationDev

SxSNationDev Zachary Administrator

I just bought a $35,000 truck, I think you can go for the fractional priced SXS :)

12. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Boy...35G for a truck...that is pretty cheap in my part of the country. Pickups in my area are ridiculous.. I drive an SUV for about 33% less than an equivalent priced truck. I use a trailer for my hauling so I can just unhook it and don't have to unload it before I can go to work..

PlumberSteve76 likes this.
  13. DG Rider

Side X Side(s):

I sold my Pioneer to pay the rent and other bills, so as you can imagine, things aren't all that great right now...but they have turned a corner. Probably this fall at the soonest.

Of course, if SxS Nation wants to start a "Buy DG a SxS" fundraiser, then I am all for it.:D

14. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Pickup trucks anymore have become more of a status symbol than anything- Buying a new 1 ton diesel truck for a 75K when a new Peterbuilt is about 140K seems crazy to me.

I'm with you on the 500s. Our next SxS's around here could very well be midsize or full size 570s. Much of today's SxS's have been geared towards the "sport" side of things and not as much on the work side or practicality side. realistically a 500 will do what a 1000 will do except for throw rooster tails as high ;)

15. DG Rider

Side X Side(s):

My thing is the physical size of the things. I mean...i grew up riding quads on quad-width trails and always disliked the size of the Pioneer even though i was out west where it wasn't an issue. By 2017 standards, it's not all that big. The Rhino was what...54-56" wide, and now were up to 64" on the big sport machines? At what point do we forget where we came from with this sport?

16. Kudidl

Kudidl Rick SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2017 XP1000

One of my Georgetown Tx customers owns a construction company here is also owner of Montana Peterbuilt with his brother
    Maybe I can get you discount
    Ha

17. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

When the money runs out-

I know of a few folks that spend more on their sxs than they do on their car/truck..... sometimes their house.

18. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

The price of them is absolutely out of control. I did just buy one and there were a few reasons that had nothing to do with status (not anywhere near $75k in my case :) ). Trucks of even 10 years ago are just not as family friendly as they are now. Cabs are bigger, they are quieter, smoother, just generally pleasant to drive and ride in. Since I keep trucks for 10 years plus, it was a good move for our family as an all purpose family vehicle/ tow rig. I still choke on the price though. With that said, there are still plenty of folks who buy a new one every 2-3 years just so they can have the new hotness.

I hear this as well, but there are a couple 50" sport options out there as well as narrower rigs for utility. I would say that the SXS market may have shallow roots with the ATV's at this point, but has truly gone its own direction. I personally find it exciting to be a consumer in this market with all the upgrades, changes and innovation we have available. I love that I can go and choose from an extremely capable Mid-Size 570 Ranger for work/ play, a 50" RZR for the trail, all the way up to a 64" Maverick X3 or RZR Turbo for the most extreme, or a Polaris General for the best of everything :)

DieselFume likes this.
  19. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

(quote)
    I'm with you on the 500s. Our next SxS's around here could very well be midsize or full size 570s. Much of today's SxS's have been geared towards the "sport" side of things and not as much on the work side or practicality side. realistically a 500 will do what a 1000 will do except for throw rooster tails as high ;)[/QUOTE]
    I have been saying that for quite sometime.....finally someone that agrees! Same in boating, my water skiing days are long gone and hitting a wave at 45 mph is just not fun so my wife and I have a 4cyl I/O in our 22' boat and it cruises along nicely and comfortably, but if things get bad she will top out at 34mph to get us back in. All I ever hear is how slow that puny 4 cylinder is, I should have a V6 or a V8.......why?? I know my fuel economy is a lot better than theirs!!

20. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I hear ya....I can remember how big the ATV's have gotten over the years, they may be only 48" wide but you need a step ladder to get up on some of them. Same with the UTV's, they just keep getting bigger and bigger until now, many riding areas require them to be on jeep and truck trails. I know in my state (ohio) we are still battling over expanding the widths on state run trails. I am told by the DNR that in areas where they have tried expanding the widths to accommodate machines up to 62" the jeeps and trucks come in and take over, destroying the trails for the UTV's and ATV's. Don't get me wrong...mfgrs have the right to give the public what they want but unless your out west or have private property there are not enough places to ride these wide machines without getting run over by trucks and jeeps. Ok that's my .02 worth...anybody got change?