1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Wet snow's got me saggin

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by DieselFume, Apr 10, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Had a wet 14-16 inch snow overnight and this morning, It was really something! The rangers we're draggin bottom all over the place trying to get to calves, and move livestock into their shelter areas. It's a good thing the snow is so soft, because most of the time we were bulldozing snow out in front!

The suspensions on the 570s are a bit lack luster, especially in these deals. I've got the shock adjusters ratcheted all the way up, and the suspensions are still compressed more than I'd like. I added the toolbox to the rear a couple days back, and that didn't help things either.

With so few options for HD springs for these 570 full size units, I'm wondering if someone makes spacers I can just put under the springs to get the height I want? Might have to make my own.
    20190410_8.JPG 20190410_9.JPG

WyoMud likes this.
  2. Call Me Al

Call Me Al Dennis SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Polaris rzr s1000

They are available as I put spring spacers on my 570 but I don't remember who the vendor was.....sorry. They raised the ground clearance by about 2 inches if I remember correctly. I also went to a larger size tire that raised it more. DSCN0880.JPG

DieselFume and Seastacker like this.
  3. Curt

Curt Administrator

I'd just buy a cheap super atv lift kit for it.

Seastacker likes this.
  4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Wow...that is a LOT of late season snow! I was feeling a little sorry for us around here going from 3 days of perfect 72* and sunshine to 30's and a dusting of snow. Your post puts it in perspective a bit. :eek:

Rockin Ronnie and DieselFume like this.
  5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Here in central lower Michigan just about 2 / 3 inches but the freezing rain really sucks! Will never stop amazing me how fast people forget how to drive in the snow / ice a couple of weeks of nice weather and everything seems forgotten!:(

DieselFume, Seastacker and Curt like this.
  6. Curt

Curt Administrator

Painfully true Ronnie!

7. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Curt, those lift kits aren't they just spacers that go on top of the strut Tower? They don't really give any more travel back do they?

8. Quaddin4real

Quaddin4real Jason SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2005 Polaris Ranger 700 xp efi

I've seen universal rubber spacers that go in the springs for automotive cars at the parts store before, not sure if those might help.

9. Curt

Curt Administrator

If you have struts the front will be spacers, the rear is a new bracket. No, it doesn't give you more travel.