1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

What can Kymco do?

Discussion in 'Kymco Nation' started by KeithStone76, Mar 5, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. KeithStone76

KeithStone76 Corey SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Wolverine X2

So I recently sold my MXU 450 LE. I sold it because I bought a side by side. I really wanted to go with the Kymco sxs, but with the difficulty I had selling my ATV, it made me shy away from getting the Kymco sxs. You cant deny the value and quality of the Kymco machines, but what can Kymco do to get a better market? Im seeing more and more CFMoto out there but it seems Kymco is almost stagnant. What are your opinions?

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

According to my dealer, the other mfgrs are pushing them out. If you sell and service Kymco atv/utv other mfgr like Polaris, Honda etc wont allow a dealer to sell there pruducts. My dealer has many side lines to help support his business as he cant sell any other major mfgr. I had no plans on selling my machine anytime soon so resale was not a big deal to me. The biggest reason I was sold on them was the dealer allowing me to seriously test the machine and the fact that they have the fewest complaints per 100 units of any manufacturer out there. If you plan on runnin the wheels off it and then replacing it...thats is where brand popularity comes into play. Polaris has the highest number of complaints per 100 units made but is the most popular selling machines...explain that one please!

DieselFume and KeithStone76 like this.
  3. KeithStone76

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Wolverine X2

Maybe other manufacturers realize that they are a good quality machine and it would cut into their marketshare. I dont know . I wish Kymco did more advertising or something. The dealer i bought mine from also sells Hisun.

4. KeithStone76

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Wolverine X2

I
    I dont get the obsession with Polaris either. I didnt even consider one. But to each their own. I ended up with a Yamaha Wolverine.

DieselFume likes this.
  5. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

My dealer has a couple of other odd brands as well, Landmaster being one, but the big players keep them away. Artic Cat was using there machines and just re-badging them with there own art work and with great sucess, but know that Textron bought them out only time will tell. Artic Cat, Suzuki, and Honda all used Kymco drive lines for years with great results so I am not sure why there sales arent better. I would like to see them do more advertising of there products.

KeithStone76 likes this.
  6. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Have a new dealer qay east toward Cleveland, from the gossip I heard he sells farm equip and tractors and qanted a utv line. He doesnt sell the green machines due to polotics so he was looking for an off brand with a good reputation so he choose Kymco. So far lots of interest by those shopping. Everyone is impressed with the quality, and readily availiable parts, but concerned with lack of popularity!

7. KeithStone76

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Wolverine X2

Yep. Get the word out Kymco!!

DieselFume likes this.
  8. Willie2014

Willie2014 Mark SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 700i le

Screenshot_2019-03-13-17-54-24.png I purchased a2014 700I LE, my dealer also sells kawasaki, I choose the kymco because of price and have had very good luck, only one problem that was a fault of my own it's a real work horse.

9. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

10. Coach

Coach Ken SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i

My 450i has been a real pleasure. Over three years and 1200 miles. Only problem I ever had was soon after purchase. The ignition switch locked up and it was running so I couldn’t turn it off. Had to pull spark plug wire to kill it. Dealer replaced switch and I’ve never had another problem.

11. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR 900s

1200 miles over 3 years is not a good gauge for reliability. 3000 miles in a year in my RZR,no problems. That's why guys like Polaris. Parts are readily available, easy to work on compared to other machines,the ride quality,power,awd system are all pluses as well.

12. RWB713

RWB713 Richard SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Polaris RZR XPT4

Kymco has an underground following, therein lies the problem, but also why the price is comparatively lower. Kymco isn't pushing marketing like Polaris or Can Am, and they can't compete with brands that have every aspect of sxs covered from workhorse to pure performance. Kymco essentially has two models, and a small group to market them to. Reliability and Cost go out the window fast when put up against multi-million dollar marketing and a much large target customer base. that is presented with more options than they could ever need.

Myself for instance.... Kymco has nothing that even compares to a rzr, not even a 570 rzr, much less a turbo XP.. I couldn't have even considered Kymco if i wanted to, and neither could anyone else who owns a rzr, or a maverick...and that's ALOT of people. Sport SXS out of the equation, and still, they have a model that compares to the lower end ranger models, and the lower end can am defender, that's it. So the market in which people are shopping for something that they can even compare a Kymco to is very small in regards to the big picture. Kymco would have to invest 10' of millions into R&D and marketing to even be put on the same map as any of the big players, and i don't they have 10's of millions to invest.

I'm a Polaris owner, I LOVE my rzr, and it's been nothing but amazing for 2300 miles in a year and a half, but I'm not ignorant to comparison either, show me another model that compares to what I specifically use my sxs for, and I'll definitely be interested, but up to this point, Polaris is the only one that answers for me... Can Am gets close....Honda has my attention, Yamaha lost me with the YXZ, Kawi has something new on the horizon...but Kymco? Nope, not even a blip on the radar.

DogRunner2 likes this.
  13. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I believe the original poster was looking for a work unit, utility machine not a sport machine like a rzr. For my use, a rzr would never cut it. In my trips to mud runs at Perry I pulled more rzrs out of tough spots than any other machine. When I compared my machine to a 500 Ranger, I had far more options included and still saved 2k over the Ranger. I realize Kymco is not for everyone, but the reliability factor based on consumer complaints is second to no other mfgr. Polaris may very well sell the most machines but they also have the highest number of consumer complaints per 100 units of any major mfgr. So ..to each his own..

14. RWB713

RWB713 Richard SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Polaris RZR XPT4

I understand that he was, but he asked why they don't have a bigger market, and my response was in regards to that & the Polaris obsession he spoke of. They don't have a bigger market, because they don't have the models, R&D, or the marketing to appeal to a bigger market, or be seen by a bigger market... If someone had no idea about brands or what was out there, and went looking for a direct comparison to a model that Kymco sells, they'd probably never find Kymco...because Polaris and the like have the marketing in all areas & models to make them the first anyone finds.

Where are you getting these per 100 numbers at? I'd like to see the source of this info.

And you maybe have pulled more rzrs out than any other machine, but there's also more of them out there, and there are some loose nuts behind the wheels too (which is the primary cause of these consumer complaints you speak of).....and I've taken mine up things that very few other machines even want to put the front wheels on, so there's that too, but yes.. to each his own.

Rockin Ronnie and DogRunner2 like this.
  15. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR 900s

A utility sxs isn't going where I'm going,so I'm not so sure about pulling a bunch of RZR's out, lol. But it is all about intended use,and what an individual wants or needs. IMG_20190630_121742587_HDR.jpg

RWB713 likes this.
  16. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

They were buried in mud! I have no doubt they can go places mine cant....it was just funny to see my lowly ( to some folks) pulling a popular machine like a rzr out of mud holes. The consumer reports online have the cunsumer complaint stats.