1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

What Did You Do With / To Your SXS Today?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Dave, Feb 22, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. WyoMud

WyoMud Mick SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew Northstar

Thank you sir! Guess I’ll have to get in touch with them.

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Today I picked up a used set of wheels and tires, now I will have 2 wheels and tires that I can carry as a spare, just have to make a spare tire holder that fits in the 2" hitch reciever.

DieselFume and Rockin Ronnie like this.
  3. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Are you going to carry a front and a rear? or just two fronts that could be used anywhere?

4. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Just plan on carrying one front in case I am unable to repair a flat on the trail. Getting back to camp is the key! I have never had a flat on the trail but as I get older I am looking at all my options more carefully. If I were riding out west I would carry both, but at my age my riding is in more popular areas where I would be more easily found. Having that extra spare on the back, out of the way will make longer rides more comfortable, especially when the wife goes along.

Rockin Ronnie and DieselFume like this.
  5. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

20190327_095149.jpg

Moving cows in so we can sort them up for calving season.

Seastacker and Curt like this.
  6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

That’s some crazy wide open space. Those rangers look tiny off in the distance!

7. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

20190409_204843.jpg

Just got my Ranger out of the shop, had to put in a new radiator fan after my old one crapped out on me. Think I damaged it when I got some snow lodged up in it this winter not allowing it to turn on. Also got the tool box fixed and back in the bed. Just in time for the arrival of a nice spring storm. Rain and wind is kicking up now, sounds like we could get 10 to 14 inches of wet snow by tomorrow night. Got to keep those baby calves alive!

Rockin Ronnie and Seastacker like this.
  8. Feldhege

Feldhege Robb SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris 900 S

Added a SuperATV BlackOps winch to our rig. Wireless controller and synthetic rope that can pull 5000lbs. Now I just have to convert the hard switch into a dash mounted one. Then get ready to start riding.

9. jefflac02

jefflac02 Jeffrey SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Ranger XP900

Finally brought the Ranger and the RZR to our new home. It’s been at my parents house since Halloween when we moved. Needed the shed to store all of our crap from downsizing. Was able to get enough organized to squeeze them in. And by squeeze I mean I had to dukes of hazard out the window of rzr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockin Ronnie and Curt like this.
  10. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken Nevada SXS Nation Regular

I have been working on relocating my winch from the low front position on my Defender, to the high front position. But I ain't paying all that darned money to the steeler for all of the parts to do that. I fabricated a mounting bracket that will bolt to the stock bumper (high position) and duplicate the orientation etc of the winch and roller lead-in, and it's going to put the top of the winch at about the same height as the top of the hood. Now, I am going to make a lower hitch mount similar to the factory one but a little different and then I am going to tie the winch mount and the lower hitch together with a brace of some kind to strengthen it all up. This will let me push trailers around and also put my winch up out of the mud and dirt if I got stuck in a bog, and allows me to watch the cable come in on the spool from the cab or beside the cab, while using my inside winch rocker switch.

DieselFume and Seastacker like this.
  11. Lastmohecken

Got my lower front hitch fabricated and installed on my Defender, and also the winch located in the upper position. I tied them together with a piece of pipe. Both are strong a heck. All I have to do now is make up some electrical cable extensions and install them, and I will be done, except for buying a ball hitch to insert in the bracket I installed.
    I guess the only down side is I added some weight to the front end, but I took it for a spin and didn't notice and issues, as I was wondering if I would need to set the front shocks up a notch or two, and I might still end up doing that, but I am also going to do some kind of mild lift and that could change the equation. I will try to post some pictures when I get it complete done.

Rockin Ronnie and DieselFume like this.
  12. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

No pictures?

13. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Yea....without pics it really never happened!

14. Lastmohecken

Here's a picture or two on the winch relocation. CAN AM WINCH RELO.jpg CAN AM WINCH RELOCATE.jpg CAN AM WINCH RELO.jpg CAN AM WINCH RELOCATE.jpg

15. Lastmohecken

Sorry for double pictures, I don't think my old computer is working exactly right.
    Today, I also jacked it up a little and stiffened the ride, slightly. I thought that maybe since I had added the new bumper from Super ATV, and the added weight of the hitch/winch mods, I might need to adjust the shocks a little, to compensate for the added weight, and also, more weight of a trailer when hooked up.

So, I give all of the shocks a couple of clicks, and it raised the body height about 3/4's of an inch which I felt was needed. This stiffened the ride a little bit, but not really objectionable. I think I will leave it there for now.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Seastacker likes this.
  16. Feldhege

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris 900 S

I replaced the solenoid on my SuperATV Blackops winch (Great customer service by the way) and rewired my dash. I removed a button that made the interior lights flash in different ways (added by previous owner) and replaced it with rock light switch. This allowed me to add a new factory looking winch switch instead of the big bulky switch and cable the winch came with. Then I drilled a hole in the top of the glove box and mounted a lighted switch in there to pull double duty. First it allows me to have a light in the glove box. Secondly it allowed me to put that weird switch hookup so if the lights get out of sequence there is a way to put them back to solid blue.

This weekend I will be making and mounting a fire extinguisher bracket. I also ordered (does it ever end) a wheel bearing greasing tool (Tiger Tools version) so that I can do that next week one night. Once things settle down, I am going to add Hunterworks Rollers to the secondary clutch! The fun never ends.

17. Slow6

Slow6 SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris 6x6

Replaced the plastic factory box between the cab and bed with an aluminum one. Had to grind the latch and hinges off and move the dump box back about 7 inches. Also had to unbolt and flip the bed dump release handle around for clearance issue. More than double the space, exhaust melted the bottom of the factory plastic box.

Attached Files:

Rockin Ronnie, kscfire and Seastacker like this.
  18. Feldhege

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris 900 S

Here are the pictures of the mount I made. Only cost about 30 including the fire extinguisher! Pull two pins and it comes right off the rzr. Hope I never need to use it.

Attached Files:

kscfire and Rockin Ronnie like this.
  19. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I like the idea!

Feldhege likes this.
  20. Lastmohecken

Today, I installed the 2 inch bracket lift from Battle Armor. It went ended well, but was a pretty good chore. I ended up having to go get a set of spring compressors from O'Reilly to compress the front springs to get the room to get the shock reconnected, or at least that is the way I did it. On the back, at first I though I was going to have to unhook the sway bar to be get enough room because there wasn't enough room to get the spring compressors on, but I figured out that I could just shove the axle downward with my foot, and create enough room to get it done. the second side on the rear went faster after I figured that out.

The lift brackets fit really well, and I believe they will hold up fine. I am not sure they gave me a full 2 inches but combined with a couple of clicks on the shock adjusters, I ended up with about 13 inches clearance, verses the stock factory 10", 10-1/2" or so. However, of course it narrowed up my wheel spread by about 1/2" narrower for each tire. So, I want to get that back and I guess I will have to get some wheel spacers. 1" spacers will get me back to about stock width, but since I am taller now, I figure it might be wise to go a little wider, at least 1-1/2". Do you thing going 2" would be even better? On the surface I think it might, but I am a little worried about premature wheel bearing failure, do the the possible added stresses, due to leverage. What do you think?
    CAN AM TWO INCH BRACKET LIFT, REAR.jpg

Attached Files: