1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

What Did You Do With / To Your SXS Today?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Dave, Feb 22, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

May 9, 2020
    We went hunting yesterday for the chupracabra, needless to say we didn’t fine one. But we ran across a 20-yard stretch of dirt road that was covered in snake tracks from 1” to 1.5” wide, there must have been 15 tracks crossing the road. I searched in the immediate area and didn’t find any snakes. It was pretty warm out there but not yet HOT 97°. This morning I started the clean up process by blowing the dust and debris off the Ranger. During the process I notices the clean air intake hose where it connects at the bottom front of the engine was total disconnected – DIRTY CLUTCH!

What a pain. Jacked it up on jack -stands, removed the wheel, removed the primary air box, pulled the clutch cover. Used the leaf blower to blown it out – OMG. Noticed dirty hoses so needed to pull ALL the air hoses to clean inside and outside with soap and water. Fresh grease on all joining surfaces during reassembly.

And to think 10 years ago I would never have even attempted a project like this. All the hose clamps are tight. The wheel lugs are set at 110 fp. Glad I finished that part before the temperature got to 105°.

And to think I still have to wash the Ranger! Tomorrow is another day!

Seastacker likes this.
  2. BDMartin57

BDMartin57 Brian SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule PRO-FXT

Drove mine 10 hrs exploring my 90 acres and a neighbors 80 acres...used the winch to pull out some stubborn posts, hauled 2 loads of firewood to my firepit and drug several timbers to the barn. Lil' Pepe is a working Mule

Seastacker likes this.
  3. 89sandman

89sandman Biff SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yxz, Rzr

I sat here in the smoke waiting for my new SBD kit from Alba to arrive, now it says it won't be here until tomorrow...

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I hate that. UPS seems to be the only ones who are even close to accurate these days. If anything I order ships USPS, I just hope it arrives in general versus being able to track it.