1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

What I've been up to lately (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussions' started by DieselFume, Sep 19, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hey guys I know I haven't been around much lately thought I'd just share one of the projects that we started last week. After we built several miles of fence we started on this 64x128' shed.

The construction is really old school , no rafters. Five rows of posts plated up on top with rough-cut two-by-sixes spanning The Gap. Rough cut one by sixes we'll sheet the top before the 3x24' tin goes up.

Also started with the same tin on the sides . currently waiting on another delivery. Should help keep the livestock warm on a Cold Spring.
    20180919_9.jpg 20180919_12.jpg 20180919_14.jpg 20180919_16.jpg 20180919_17.jpg

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I need a "shed" like that for all my toys, lol. Looks good. Post up pics as you go for sure.

DieselFume likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Administrator

Wow that’s a lot of work! That place keeps you busy!

DieselFume likes this.
  4. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Hope you have space reserved for you toy shop!

DieselFume likes this.
  5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

nice building but I got to ask.....looks like a bitch to clean the byproduct out.

DieselFume likes this.
  6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I grew up on a medium size horse farm. We used to call “by product” HS. lol. I earned my keep shoveling this and slinging hay bails. We have a New Holland with a loader now for the outside walk ins. I don’t have as strong a back as I used to. Plus... I like operating the tractor more than a pitch fork. :)

DieselFume and Jungleman like this.
  7. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Yep, it's gonna be a pain to clean. Luckily we bought out first skid steer last year, and man it makes short work of that kind of chore. Used to be alot of pitchforking involved!

As for toy parking, you guys can send all the toys over you want I promise they won't get used........ much:D

seriously though, there won't be much if any machinery parked in there. the outside edge roofline is only about 8 ft tall.

I need to add onto my shop in the next few years. hoping to add in some toy storage at that point.... Maybe even a floor drain!

Piston Honda likes this.