1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

What to buy?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by 89sandman, Jul 11, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. 89sandman

89sandman Biff SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yxz, Rzr

Thinking of changing rides and am looking for opinions. I've had a YXZ, Teryx, XP, and a S1000 RZR which is my current ride. Have had good luck with all of them. I'm not brand loyal, use the side by side mainly for winter, ride quads in the summer. What I'm interested in this time is a YXZ SS, Wildcat XX, X3 or KRX 1000. Not really interested in another Poo this time. I really loved the tripple Yami. The YXZ I had was a clutch and it did get old shifting so I thought about trying the paddle shift this time. The XX has a ton of stuff I'm interested in including the motor. Surprised this isn't way more popular, it is built with a lot of things that the others don't offer. I like the ride of the x3 but not a fan of turbo's. I ride mainly in the woods on gravel roads. I keep my stuff spotless so have no interest in mud. Don't really know much about the new Kawi but I used to race team green and have always been a green lover. I put about 3-4k miles on the side by side every winter. Buy a new one every couple of years. So what would you buy?

2. 89sandman

Side X Side(s):

Yxz, Rzr

Come on guys, 97 views and not one reply. Any of you own any of the ones I'm interested In? If you do what do you like/dislike about it?

3. drwinlied

drwinlied NotLikeThis SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

pad and paper

Well I don't own a sxs, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so...

I'd go YXZ SS and not look back. Come on...most of the fun of shifting without the leg-work...and it's a triple. no question if money wasn't an issue for me.

The Kawi is huge and heavy, but built to the nines, based on some research. Not exactly a woods machine, though.

The XX is an AC. These aren't the AC's of the 70's-early00's...sadly...but the XX is basically the only unit Textron put money into aside from the Havoc X...I wish they were as cheap as their other sxs's...

The x3 will require some work to get right, but the potential is huge after putting some more $$ into it. I'm of the mindset that if I just spent a lot of money on something, I don't want to immediately spend more money on it.

I mean, you've already owned multiple brands/units, so you are in a pretty good spot to make your decision already. I'm over here trying to decide what my first sxs is going to be...do I get a poo despite everyone in my atv group telling me not to? Is a wolverine/teryx fun enough to whip around or do I focus on pure sport? How many miles are too many, even for a well kept machine? Will Cadet Stimpy hold out and not hit the button? So many questions...

4. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

I have never owned any of those but..
    You ride mostly gravel roads.
    You like the Yamaha triple.
    The triple with a standard transmission is perfect for that type of riding.
    Its suspension is well suited for that use.
    Otherwise you can always use a dart board.
    My personal preference would be a Can Am Sport XC.
    JMHO.

5. 89sandman

Side X Side(s):

Yxz, Rzr

Yesterday I was YXZ, day before Talon, today KRX. Gonna wait and see who discounts best when the 21's show.

6. GPA

GPA Doug SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Wildcat Sport SE, 2019 Honda Talon X

Talon. No belts.

7. 89sandman

Side X Side(s):

Yxz, Rzr

YXZ! DSCN7849.JPG

rocksalot likes this.
  8. 89sandman