1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Wheel and Steering issues

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Rdneck, Jun 29, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rdneck

Rdneck Joshua SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes Dominator X2 1000 LT

I have a 2015 Odes Dom. 1000 LT X2. I noticed the other day that my Steering wheel was out of alignment. After careful inspections, I noticed that my steering boot and knuckle were rubbing the inside of my passenger (right) front tire (see picture). When the left tire is strait, my right tire is kicked out to the right (see picture). There is no movement on the tire when jacked up, but I feel it still may be a wheel bearing. Any thoughts? Seems that the spindle is kicked out of alignment to the rear. Has not been wrecked, ridden through deep mud, nor ridden hard. Used on the deer lease and around the neighborhood with the girls.

Where can I find a set of bearings?

Pictures uploaded. One picture is the angle of the tire with the other side being strait, the other is the wear on the inside of the tire.

Attached Files:

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Had similar experience with my Kymco machine. Alignment was off when I got it, reset and found the tie rods can slip when riding on aggressive terrain. I make it a point to check it frequently! I guess it is better to have them slip rather than break or damage the steering rack.
    When you do align, make sure the front wheels are aligned with the rear wheels and your steering wheel is centered, then adjust each side to proper toe in. Once you figure it out, I can set mine in about 10 min or less.

3. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Woops...I now see the rubbing on the tire, Mabry a bent steering arm? Hard to believe a wheel bearing unless it is grinding like a meat grinder. Are the wheels/tires proper size?

4. randyf

randyf Randy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Raider 1000 LT Zeus

I agree with Ken - if the bearing was that bad you should hear it. If you have no play in the bearing & none in the ball joints, then you have a bent spindle/knuckle. That said, there is hardly a person I know that has an Odes that hasn't had to replace the wheel bearings. I have 40 hours on mine & replaced the rear already.