1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

WHERE ARE YOU

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Jaybey, Nov 1, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Seastacker
  1. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Retired here as well, from Ohio but ride mostly in Mich. Laid back easy rider, like to enjoy the scenery and animals. Not into racing thru trails not knowing what is around the next corner. If you ever need a riding friend, let me know, have motorhome, can travel...

2. phm14

phm14 Peter SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE, 2019 Grizzly 700 EPS, 2017 KTM 500 EXC

Howdy from Houston. Just returned from a 9 day trip to UT and AZ with the Wife. I'm currently looking for some good winter riding for a January trip in a new Talon X. :)

WyoMud likes this.
  3. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

It looks like our prime riding season (winter) in Arizona is going to be touch and go. A nice rain front comes thru every week this year so IF you are running in any washes watch the weather. Flash floods are just that. If you think you hear a "freight train" get out of the wash NOW! I will only take a few inches of fast running water in a wash to carry vehicle away, it happens before you realize you are moving sideways.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Keith SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris 1000 ranger

Just bought my sxs a few months ago not retired yet but plan on loading up motor home and sxs this next year for some riding. I’ve watched these videos on you tube these guys going Mach 2 I don’t know how this can be safe on two way trails. I really want to hit the hat field and McCoy trails. Not to many rv camp grounds down there. I can boondagle a couple days. I like my hookups. Do you tow atv with rv

5. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Welcome, I am retired and yes, I do tow an enclosed trailer with my SxS inside, behind my RV. Been to H/M on a couple ocassions and cant wait to get back there.
    I found plenty of campgrounds with water and electric hookups but sewer connection are sparse. I gues digging thru all that rock in the mts is cost prohibitive. Michigan also has some really good UTV riding areas, that is where I do most of my riding. Live in Ohio but they are not very Utv friendly with most trails restricted to 50".

6. Rhoda Mule

Rhoda Mule Gary SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT ESP My first Side X Side was a 551 Sheridan

Joe to the heart of your question, I think. My take is a lot of members show up when they have a problem. When the problem is solved they go away until the next time.

7. Nighthawk

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris 1000 ranger

How far north of you do you ride? Private or public land. If public land any special requirements license/permits. You are about 2 hours north of me. I really would like to get on trails just to putt along and enjoy. Without destroying my ride and be able to camp with my motorhome

8. Brain411

Brain411 Ryan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2009 RZR 800, 2005 KFX400, 2008 KLX450

Just joined, just went out last weekend to El Mirage Dry Lake in Southern California, hadn't been out since September but use to out out 10-12 times a year

9. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

10. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I go about 4hrs north to get to good public trails. Trail permits are about 36 bucks but Mich does a peetty good job with there trails so the permits are worth while. I enjoy a good site seeing ride myself, not out to abuse my equipment. My mach is more utility rather than performance as is my body. I like the St Helen and the Baldwin area, both are UTV friendly.

Seastacker and Rhoda Mule like this.
  11. WyoMud

WyoMud Mick SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew Northstar

You guys need to come out to Wyoming one of these days! We have plenty of room and parking. Lots of places here to ride your atv/sxs. We could show you plenty of places to have some fun.

Seastacker and Rhoda Mule like this.
  12. Goose509

Goose509 Darryl SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 rzr 900 s

Hey there I am from Ontario Canada. I do alot of travelling to ride. Although it is winter and that white stuff is on the ground we still ride here. Some local clubs groom trails for winter riding. If you can stand the cold it makes for a fun adventure.

WyoMud and Rhoda Mule like this.
  13. Nighthawk

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris 1000 ranger

My son just retired from Usaf at cheyanne and lives there now. He loves it out there hunting and riding

14. Nighthawk

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris 1000 ranger

I am hoping to run into locals who want together this spring no local trails about 3 1/2 hours to Hatfield-McCoy trails I plan on making a couple trips this year. I guess. My biggest thing is finding folks with the same ideal as me riding. I am not into abusing my ride nor driving like I live in sun city. I got to much invested to tear my ride up. Or have someone wipe me out.

15. Robert Barrett

Robert Barrett SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Glass tip out windshield w/factory wiper-washer, Glacier Pro hyd. lift and turn plow, poly back window, Polaris soft cab with Poly sport roof, factory heat/defrost

I visit this site every now and then and read the latest.
    Live in North east VT. about an hour south of the Canadian border. 2 3/4 hours to Montreal
    Retired since 2013 moved from NJ to VT for a better and less expensive life style. Sold my house that we owned since 1978 for a nice profit ( even with updates and improvements) and bought the house we live in now with the profits

Seastacker likes this.