1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Which 50” SxS?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by MHWASH, Jan 20, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MHWASH

MHWASH Matt SXS Nation Rookie

This spring I’m going to make the move from an ATV to a side x side. Because of where I ride, I won’t consider anything other than 50”. We did a preliminary look around at a couple of dealers this weekend, including Polaris, CanAm and CFMoto. I’ve already eliminated the CFMOTO.

I know the RZR & Maverick are quality machines, but what about the Wildcat? It appears that the Wildcat is no longer produced?

Thanks.

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

I think you can't go wrong with any of them, but your best aftermarket support will be with the Polaris

3. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

The Visco Lok on the Can Am does not impress. A friend of mine has one.
    But it can be replaced with a Torq Locker for around $400 if you can do the work yourself.
    But other than that it seems like a good vehicle.
    Polaris is good.
    Arctic Cat is not popular in my area so I rarely see one of those.
    I think the 500 Honda is 50" but it is a different type of vehicle than the RZR and Maverick. It doesn't have a locker in the front either but I think an aftermarket is available.

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

The 500 Honda is quite underpowered. Top speed is less than 40mph. No diff lock, not great when extreme traction is needed. In my area Artic Cat has a good reputation. In my area the Polaris are popular but known for high maintenence

5. Railroad Man

Railroad Man Monte SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 CF Moto 800EX

Love my Moto, goes anywhere, does anything, too bad that made your do not buy list .I'm a Mr. Made in USA guy but for 5 grand less expensive with more stock options, well, I can swallow a lot of pride for 5 grand....