1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is ready for winter!?

Discussion in 'ODES UTV' started by Odes EH, Nov 24, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

1. Odes EH

Odes EH Ray SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes Dominator 800 2x

Odes on, EH! (hehehe)

Noticed a few profile pics with a blade on your machine.

Mine arrived yesterday and I assisted with the install.
    Looking forward to my 1st winter without using the snow blower or shoveling.

[​IMG]

DieselFume and Piston Honda like this.
  2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I am. BUT, I am using my Case tractor this year. I sold my Ranger 500 which had the plow on it. I do plan to eventually get a plow for my new General, but it wont be this year. I actually just wrapped up some tractor repairs a couple weekends ago, so I should be good. I will miss the snow plow action this year.

PS...that thing looks good with that plow on there! Keep us posted on how it does.

Here are a couple videos I made to wet your whistle a bit:

Ranger Plowing:

Case Tractor in action:

3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I'm ready for spring already! :D over winter getting old sucks! :(

Piston Honda and Odes EH like this.
  4. Odes EH

Odes EH Ray SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes Dominator 800 2x

Agree 100%!

5. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

I'm going to try using the Honda snowblower only this year. I got the plow for the wife so she could clear the driveway while I was down state. But after we got her a Subaru she hasn't plowed the driveway once! She just drives through the snow.

Jeffrey Davis and Rockin Ronnie like this.
  6. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

The closest thing I've done to get ready for winter is to fix all the insulation leaks in my shop! That way I can keep fixing stuff for when winter does get here!

Piston Honda and Rockin Ronnie like this.
  7. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Well it looks like we got the bulls eye on our back, smack dab in the middle of a 12-15" forecast, the only plus and it's not mine but the snow is suppose to be wet and heavy with winds increasing tonight. My poor old truck is going to get a workout, might be the first time I wish it wasn't 8.5ft wide.

8. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

El Niño... lol. It is supposed to yield a warmer dryer winter for us. Who knows what will happen, but it’s been unseasonably cold and we have had several small snow events already. They are going back and forth between a rain even for us in SE Michigan to a 3-6” snow fall. Who knows.

9. jweese1

jweese1 Jack SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Pede, I see you are from West Central Illinois. So am I. If you want, message me where you are from as there are a lot of side by sides around here. I'd like to find out about some local rides.

10. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Outside of riding around town and all the spraying I do, I seem to get my fill, might hit my buddys farm from time to time. I'm from Woodhull.

11. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Pede, I'm from Aledo. If you take RT. 17 west you go right by my house. Also, I'd like to mount a Swisher blade on mine but don't know much about where to get a mount. I'd love to see some close up pics of your mounting system. I may end up fabricating one. Take care.

12. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Been that way many times, was a river rat in my youth, many a weekend on the beach in New Boston. I don't have a plow on the ranger, use mine for spraying weeds, plow is on the truck. WOW....what a storm they say we got 14ins here and the wind made it even worse, spent all day in the truck and probably most of today, honestly with this snow a plow on a ranger would be a joke, bottom 2ins was ice slush and water and I had to give up a couple of places to the loaders, drifts were just to much, most of what I plow took 5 times longer, one bright spot is with my rate, anything over 12ins and I can charge what I feel like and this one ain't going to be cheap. I've seen thunder snow several times but never for 3hours.

13. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Ready here, used the holiday weekend to put the cab enclosure on my machine and bolt on the quick release plow mount. Have to grab a couple propane cyclinders for the heater and we are ready....come on snow!

Seastacker likes this.
  14. Call Me Al

Call Me Al Dennis SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Polaris rzr s1000

I'm not ready for winter at all but I think its the best time to ride.....no dust and not many others on the trails.

15. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Pede, sorry about the plow thing, I was reading your post but seeing a pic from someone else. Glad, nontheless, that someone is on here that is close. I really like this site. Have a good day, Pede

16. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Odes EH, I saw the pic of your Odes with the plow attached. I have a Swisher blade that I want to mount to my Odes Dominator 800. I have no idea where to find mounts or I was thinking of fabricating a mount. I'd love to see more close ups of your mount if at all possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

17. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Odes EH, I'm interested in mounting a Swisher blade on my Odes 800 Dominator 2015. I don't know much about where to find the mounts. If you could send me some information or maybe some close up pics, I would consider fabricating one. Anything will help. Thanks in advance.

18. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I did not like the way the "universal" mount attached to my Kymco either, so I just set it aside and created my own. My mount also added strength and extra protection to the underside of my machine. I have a quick mount plate that bolts on with 6 bolts right under the skid plate, easy to install and remove in summer to give me max ground clearance. Just run the machine up a couple car ramps and add 6 bolts to the plate and ready for winter, when the plate is removed for summer, the angle iron frame is still there to add extra protection to the underside, above the skid plate where it is unseen by the naked eye..

19. Jeffrey Davis

Jeffrey Davis Jeffrey SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 RS1
    2019 Can-am X3XRC Turbo
    2019 Ranger 1000

I'm just ready to ride in it. We are headed to Windrock Tenn. after Christmas till New Years if any of you want to join us.

20. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Man, wish we could! I would love to get down there! Just too much going on.