1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Who plows with their SxS?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by LWood1933, Dec 1, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. LWood1933

LWood1933 Larry SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe camo

Waiting on some real snow here in MI. Starting to come down now. 20191201_094035.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Moved from an atv up to a utv...great move! I also have an enclosed cab (soft side) and a small propane heater....look forward to plowing snow!!! Also have a snowblower for the drifts, need that for the ocassional really deep drifts or throwing excess snow over the wall created by the plow blade. Here in Ohio, we dont get alot of snow so playtime is fewer and farther between.

3. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

What kind of heater and how do you keep it in one place and keep the windshield from fogging?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM
  4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

It is called a golf cart heater, made a quick holder from 2 pcs plywood and a coffee can filled with concrete. Made 4 as weights for portable shelter so I used 1 as a weight to keep heater from tipping. For snow plowing it works great, but wouldnt trust it trail riding, to much speed and rough trails. Runs about 5 hrs on 16oz tank. Full heat in less than 2 minutes, no fogging of windshield at all. I keep mine coated with spray auto polish/wax or rainex for plastic and no fogging.