1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

will it fit?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by davismx, Apr 14, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Tags:
  1. davismx

davismx dac SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Can am x3

I've been aching to buy a can am x3 four seater. Can anyone who owns one please do me a huge favor and measure from the back of rear tire to the front bumper ? I wanna see if it will fit in my 28ft weekend warrior

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

The only person I know who has one is @PlumberSteve76.
    It is a big machine for sure.

PlumberSteve76 likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Administrator

Big? Its huge. In my opinion way too long. I haven't seen Steve take his to the mountains yet, he used his Maverick Max for that. He just sold that so we will see.

4. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

it is a big machine for sure .. we may get a chance to see how well it works in the mountains of south Dakota soon.

5. Curt

Curt Administrator

Steve, see the original post above if you have time.

6. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I was looking at the Can Am site. It looks like the entry X3 Max is 164" overall. The top tier Turbo R is 165 (assume bigger tires).

If @PlumberSteve76 is gonna be at the spring Frederick ride in a couple weeks, I can bring my 100' tape measure up and we can try and verify this. I think we should be able to get it with that, lol. :D

I am in a similar boat. I am eager to verify my new machine will fit in my toy hauler. I have a 12' garage and a machine that is just over 12'. I did test fit it last summer with another General 4 and it fit if I pulled it up past my kitchen cabinets a bit. My machine is a bit wider and taller than the one I test fit though, so I am a littler nervous. I think it will go, but its gonna be tight.

upload_2019-4-16_12-43-12.png

Rockin Ronnie and Curt like this.
  7. davismx

davismx dac SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Can am x3

Exactly, I need a test . I think itll fit if I back it in and let the motor hang into the kitchen area. Or a measurement with the 100' tape lol

Seastacker likes this.
  8. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

that's why I bought the biggest separate garage toy hauler I could find. even with 18' of garage there still isn't a huge amount of space left over.. and don't let these guys give you to much crap.. they are just Polaris puppets! ;).

I wanna say my machine measures just under 14' . it is getting some work done on it at the moment so I cant really measure it. I will say this thought the engine doesn't stick out past the rear tires so tucking the engine up in past cabinets isn't really gonna work for you I don't believe. I also have32" tires and the xrs platform and no bumpers

Curt and Seastacker like this.
  9. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Nah. I like the can am machines a lot. But that x3 Max makes my General 4 look short. Lol.

Also... so your telling me adding bumpers makes it LONGER!? ;):eek:

10. Curt

Curt Administrator

Puppets that can make the corner........:D

Seastacker likes this.