1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Work horses

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Oldguy, Jun 12, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

What do you guys run for a work horse? I use my 17 Odes Dominator X-2 LT mostly for snow removale and general small acreage stuff , some trails, some county roads. May be changing rides soon and need input.

2. Poriggity

Poriggity Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

Why change rides? I have a 10 acre property and I use my 18 Odes Dominator X4 Zues for ranch work, and snow removal as well, and for fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Thouht o change because of dealer, or lack of dealers. Closest is 130 miles next one is 160

4. Poriggity

Poriggity Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

I completely understand that. I dont have a dealer close either which makes me a bit nervous if something goes wrong.

5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I'm a commercial right of way sprayer, started with a sportsman 400, then a used 09/700 ranger and now we have a 16/900 ranger bought new. Put close to 1000miles a year doing around 200acres, carrying my fat a**, the sprayer and 100gal of product, only issues so far with 3000miles is rear shocks.

Oldguy likes this.
  6. Farmfuel

Farmfuel Wade SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Jd gator

I have a jd gator 825i and have gotten along with it very well. I’m located in an area with multiple dealers ( I believe 5 or 6 within 60 miles) 2 less than 30 miles away. Very good for work.

Seastacker likes this.
  7. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Other than the nice machines Deere puts out, one big selling factor for many is the large dealer network. That aspect cant be understated.

Farmfuel and Oldguy like this.
  8. Mudder

Mudder David SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Pioneer 400, Polaris Ace 570

Pioneer 500. Good low gearing range and Honda reliability. Paddle shift transmission good for work.

Attached Files:

9. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Deere has stepped up their game, older models were junk but see some good stuff out of them now, and like Carl said dealer network second to none as long as you find one that likes to work on the toy's. A little known fact, back in I believe the late 80's, Deere sold out the snowmobile division to a newly formed corporation called Polaris Industries, all of their dies were worn out and Deere was a close match to Polaris.

10. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Deere SxS were made by a foriegn company and gave little support to the problems. I looked at them some years back and was quite disappointed with what I saw. I see there machines are much better made now, but I have no idea who is now producing them.

11. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I forgot to mention that Deere is the #2 seller of SXS's, just for the record, I'm still not a fan.

12. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

A lot of those Deere sxs's are give aways to farmers that buy lots of other farm equipment. Kind of like a bonus. I know a fellow that got his like that. At least that is his story.

13. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Not sure where they are selling that many, I have a friend that works for JD and all they do is complain about the SxS taking up space and not selling. Years back when made by an import co, they could not get replacement parts for repairs or factory support. Today they are much better made, but sales in my area are dead due to prior history. Thay still have brand new 2017's in stock, cant move them.

14. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I think Deere still falls heavily on the work side of the spectrum even though they do have some very trail capable machines. I think you will see more of them on large farms, work sites and such than in the typical environment most of us ride on. I live in an area that is heavy with horse farms and I see SXS's all over those places. The only 3 that I see are 1) Ranger 2) Deere 3) Kubota.

I have also heard of them "throwing" in a SXS with a large farm implement purchase. I guess a $12-15k SXS is a drop in the ocean when some folks are buying $250K plus tractors, combines, etc.

15. airshot

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

That would definetly be a nice incentive to buy there larger farm equipment!

16. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

The give-a-way was in the early days but if you got 10 million in green equipment sitting in the shed you still might be able to get one, combines are pushing the 1 million mark. I live 20 miles from the Deere's crystal palace and just about every farm around here has a green SXS along with city maintenance crews, ball parks and golf courses throughout the nation, Deere made a deal with the PGA.

Seastacker likes this.
  17. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

The farmer I am talking about got his about 3 years ago. It has the smooth sounding motor that sounds like it is turning 10,000 rpm.